Terms & Conditions for Fenns Meadow Green Burial Ground.
Terms and Conditions
1. All visitors to the Site are requested to give due consideration, privacy and respect to any funeral, memorial ceremonies or services taking place at the time. It is requested that mobile phones be switched off at the Site.
2. In harmony with the aims of a Natural Burial Ground, no gardening of burial plots will be allowed. This includes grass cutting or removal of turf on or around graves or trees.
3. No ornaments, toys, photographs or other memorials may be placed upon graves, with the exception of wooden posts provided by Fenns Meadow Burial Ground, or those provided with the consent of the Company and to the set specifications of the Company.
4. Containers such as vases, pots, bottles or baskets are not permitted.
5. The planting of wild flowers is permissible on graves. This does not include potted plants, bedding plants, ferns, heathers, roses etc.
6. The picking, cutting or pruning of flowers, shrubs and trees is prohibited.
7. The Company reserve the right to remove anything found on the Site that it deems inappropriate to the ethos and aims of a Natural Burial Ground.
8. In order to provide for a more natural environment, the Site will be mowed at the discretion of the manager outside the growing season. Paths will be mowed on a more regular basis allowing visitors access to the various burial areas within the site.
9. Litter is to be disposed of by visitors themselves and are requested to take any litter for disposal off site.
10. Dogs or any other domestic animals and pets must at all times be kept on a lead and must not be allowed to run free. Any animal mess MUST be cleaned up by the owners.
11. Children under 18 years of age are not allowed on the Site without an accompanying adult or with the specific permission of the Company.
12. No ball games or electronic games that emit noise are allowed on any part of the Site.
13. Amplified music is prohibited at the Site except with the express permission of the Company. Acoustic instruments may be played only when they will not disturb other visitors, ceremonies or services.
14. No camping or overnight stays are permitted on any part of the Site, including the car park.
15. Visitors must not unnecessarily disturb the wildlife. No shooting or hunting is permitted
A: When signing your ‘Right of Burial and Authority’ or ‘Notice of Internment’ you are bound by and agree to Fenns Meadows Terms and Conditions.
1. When purchasing in advance, if you proceed to change your mind and wish to be interned elsewhere, then half of the full received payment will be returned.
2. You have no rights or ownerships of your plot until it is paid in full.
3. The Client acknowledges and accepts that the Company reserves the right in its absolute discretion to cancel the Agreement between the Company and the Client forthwith should there be any matter of dispute or the inability of the Company to provide the Service. The Company may refund to the Client, where applicable and in the Company's absolute discretion, all monies paid by the Client for the provision of the Services under this Agreement.
4. In order to ensure a healthy ecosystem for the nature reserve, and in tune with its ethos of care for the environment, the Company only accepts the use of fully biodegradable and environmentally-friendly coffins. These include coffins made of wicker, bamboo, softwood, recycled paper (papier-mâché) and recycled board. Shrouds, ideally in natural fibres, are also acceptable.
5. A body that has been embalmed, or otherwise treated with noxious and toxic chemicals, cannot be interred at the Site.
6. Interments cannot take place at the Site until the death has been legally registered and the appropriate documentation received by the Company.
7. The location and placement of any purchased burial plot is at the discretion of the owners of Fenns Meadow Green Burial Ground.
8. Cremated remains may only be scattered in the woodland area.
9. Cremated remains must be interred in biodegradable caskets or boxes, or poured directly into the grave plot. Plastic urns provided by some crematoria are not biodegradable and therefore cannot be interred.
10. Flowers, offerings and other tributes may be placed on graves at the time of a funeral or memorial ceremonies and services. These will be removed by the Company after five days (or when deemed appropriate by the Company) in order to ensure that any non-biodegradable matter is taken from the Site and natural ground cover is allowed to develop.
11. Trees acquired as living memorials in the woodland area of the Site are guaranteed for 10 years: if a tree dies during that period, it will be replaced. After that time, the woodland will begin to develop naturally, with some trees growing more vigorously than others. For this reason, the Company encourages an understanding that the woodland as a whole is the lasting memorial.
12. Visitors to the Site must comply with the Local Authorities Cemeteries Order 1977, Article
, Paragraph 6, and with the Criminal Damages Act 1971, Article 1, Section 1. (see Notes below)
13. These Regulations may, from time to time, be altered according to need, and such alterations may be carried out at the discretion of the Company.
14. The owners of Fenns Meadow Green Burial Ground reserve the right to place plots where they deem to be appropriate. It is solely at the discretion of the owners as to the placement of any pre-purchased plots, with regards to other burials that may have taken place before-hand.
15.Your Burial Plot allows you a 99 year agreement from the moment of fully paid purchase.
Below is a list of wild flowers appropriate for planting at Fenns Meadow Green Burial Ground.
Yarrow (Achillea millefolium) Common Agrimony (Agrimonia eupatoria) Kidney Vetch (Anthyllis vulneraria) Common Knapweed (Centaurea nigra) Greater Knapweed (Centaurea scabiosa) Wild Carrot (Daucus carota) Viper's Bugloss (Echium vulgare) Lady's Bedstraw (Galium verum) Field Scabious (Knautia arvensis) Rough Hawkbit (Leontodon hispidus) Oxeye Daisy (Leucanthemum vulgare) Common Toadflax (Linaria vulgaris) Birdsfoot Trefoil (Lotus corniculatus) Musk Mallow (Malva moschata) Ribwort Plantain (Plantago lanceolata) Hoary Plantain (Plantago media) Cowslip (Primula veris) Self Heal (Prunella vulgaris) Meadow Buttercup (Ranunculus acris)